Happy First Mother's Day Nicki!

Happy Mother's Day to Nicki Behnke.  What a mom!  This was her first mother's day and since our kids are too little to plan a party or purchase presents, I think that job falls to the husband.  But I wanted to figure out how to get the kids involved as much as I could.  So, I purchased three cards and waited for Nicki's weekly trip out.  Every Friday, I get some special Daddy time with the kids and Nicki goes out to run errands, whether she has them or not.  This is her special Mommy time without kids and now that it is garage sale season, her trips out seem to be getting longer and longer.  So, last Friday, during Daddy time, I got the cards and a bunch of crayons.  They all drew beautiful pictures on their cards and then I sat down with each one of them and asked, "What do you want to buy mommy for mother's day?" and wrote their answers in their cards.  Between the three of them they wanted to buy mommy 4 cars, 3 choo choo trains (one pink one), a pretty butterfly, a green crayon, a flower house, a shirt and pants, 2 suitcases, bananas, 3 zebras (one pink one), purple clothes and a dance.  Oh what fun!  Mommy loved her cards.  I also purchased two very essential and needed items as a mommy, a new broom and a bottle of wine.  She loved all of them.  You should have seen her face when she swept up after dinner tonight.

This was also a very special Mother's Day because Nicki was one of three moms asked to share at our church this year.  She was given the opportunity to share our story of how God brought us three answers to prayer.  She was humbled, anxious, excited, and blessed to be used by God to inspire and share with others.  Now, here are all of the things that Nicki would probably not tell you if she were writing this post.  God has given Nicki a passion for a personal relationship with him that is evident when she speaks.  God has given Nicki a passion for sharing her story, teaching, and inspiring others to live a life of intimacy with God and care for orphans.  God is working in Nicki to develop as a public speaker and I believe will continue to use her and our story to inspire and impact others.  Although, a little nervous, she loved speaking and did an amazing job.  We'd love to invite you to go and take a listen (http://www.jacobswellec.org/#/message-resources/listen).  I challenge you to not be inspired and impacted.

A Mom's Mug of Prayer for their Children

Nicki and her Mommy

Nicki, her mom, her grandma, and her cousin.  We also have a picture of four generations of women, but we cannot post that picture until the adoption is finalized.
Go Nicki! Preach it!

Comments

  1. Happy 1st Mother's day! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great speech you gave. It really was beautiful and inspiring. My husband and I recently had our third child, and we've discussed the possibilty of adopting in the future. I will definitely be praying for our future children along with the ones I already have. Since I stumbled across your blog a few months ago, I've been praying for your family's adoption finalization in August.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts